Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 14:08:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations

I'm sure I don't need to tell most of you that this little slogan of
ours has become outmoded, especially in light of the fact that we seem
to be targeting (and best at) the network server market, not the
workstation market, with FreeBSD.

With that in mind, I'd like to solicit suggestions for a new one, one
which will also be added to the new "advertising banner" that I'm
having done for the likes of Yahoo and UGU, who use it in their
rotational adverts (do a net search for "linux" on yahoo sometime and
you'll see it there :-), and to the picture at the top of
www.freebsd.org.

Also, even though I really do like some of the slogans I've seen like
"In a world without fences, who needs Gates?", I think we should probably
stay a lot less political than that with our "flagship" slogan and
people can reserve the political ones for their .signatures. ;-)

The winner of this informal little "slogan contest" will also win a
free FreeBSD CD subscription from Walnut Creek CDROM and a FreeBSD
T-shirt (and if they already have a subscription, two T-shirts could
probably be arranged :).  Did I also mention that we're bringing the
T-shirts back?  We are, but let's not get off topic on that, the topic
here is a new slogan! :)

					Jordan