Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:49:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, dan@langille.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stallman now claims authorship of Linux

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Terry Lambert wrote:

:Let's cut the BS: I want to be able to build a piece of software,
:and sell the rights to use it, for as long as the market will pay
:for those rights.

Then, according to some, you are an evil person who deserves to be shunned
and hated.  Sucks to be you.  Well, except for the fact that you probably
don't have to care about other people's opinions.

:I'm not some ivory tower academeic who can live on "genius" grants
:resulting from my public speaking.

:I want to be paid the fair market value of my labor.

What, you think Stallman should put up or shut up?  Join the club.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"