Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 01:06:43 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   PPP on current

I'm running -current as of about 10 hours ago.

As I updated my system, PPP stop wroking properly.  It connects to the
provider, get address from them without problem.  But, it looks like
it has some problem with (or I have some problem in my configuration
regarding) the manipulation of routing table.

I've changed .ppp.conf and .ppp.linkup in many different ways, but
couldn't find out what I'm doing wrong.  I can't even generalize the
problem, though, PPP succeeds in connecting to the ISP and establish
the link, so that I can telnet, ftp or whatever to outside world if
it's the first time after the reboot or after doing ``route flush''.

The relevant part of my ~/.ppp.conf is:

 set ifaddr 192.168.1.1/0 192.168.1.2/0 255.255.255.0
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 192.168.1.2

And .ppp.linkup is:
MYADDR:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

Could anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?  These settings have been
working until I updated PPP today, BTW.

     Thanks,
Max