Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:25:23 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libtool upgrade (committer shepherd needed)

--Md/poaVZ8hnGTzuv

One of my goals for 4.8 is to get libtool upgraded (along the lines
of: add support for libtool 1.4, test it as default with all ports,
see how many break, and either leave it the default with 1.3 as an
option, or vice versa depending on how many pass/fail and how hard
they are to fix).

There are several PRs containing patches (which I have not had time to
look at), but what we need is a committer(s) to shepherd this process.
This person will liase with other interested contributors (e.g. PR
authors), investigate the issues involved, familiarize themselves with
the patches, help to prepare and test the patch set to be trialled on
bento, and manage the development cycle until the patches are ready to
be committed.

Any volunteers?

Kris

--Md/poaVZ8hnGTzuv