Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:56:41 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "make release" testers wanted for Doc. Proj.

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 03:17:10PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> This is done by make release in the chroot area.

Ah. So it is.

> >   2. Make sure /usr/doc/ is up to date (or wherever you store a
>
> This will have no effect on the chroot area - it's checked out
> by make release. :)
>
> >   3. Edit doc/Makefile, and change the SUBDIR line from
>
> Ditto.

I've got to stop sending these things late at night (glances at clock. Er,
OK).

What I actually did when I was testing this was to create a staging area
(/usr/local/tmp/release in my case), and then run;

    # cd /usr/src/release
    # make RD=/usr/local/tmp/release release.1 release.2 doc.1

which seemed to put the files in the right place. If it puts them in the
right place for other people (or this deafening silence continues) then
I'll assume it's working properly (everyone else has been on the sharp
end of "Hey, you broke 'make release'!" messages, now I want a piece of
the action. . .)

                    Bagel: The carbohydrate with the hole