Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:49:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Richard <wdr@tdl.com>
To:        Parisis Flegkas <p.flegkas@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xdm

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Parisis Flegkas wrote:

> hi,
> I enabled xdm in my system and now I cannot access it. I can not login!!
> Is it possible to disable it how can i make it not to load xdm when it
> boots?

Try CTRL-ALT-F1 from the XDM login display.  But if you'd like XDM
functionality, you should start by making sure there's a .xsession script
in your home directory, and make sure it's mode 700.

There was an article in the January 2000 edition of Daemon News on setting
up XDM <http://www.daemonnews.org/200001/xdm.html>.  If you still have
questions, e-mail me privately.

Cheers,
William Richard