Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 16:06:40 +0100
From:      "stepahne B" <isom@nerim.net>
To:        <jerry@thehutt.org>, "Sean Noonan" <snoonan@cx952600-a.fed1.sdca.home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't boot FreeBSD on a Sony VAIO qr10

thanks a lot for your messages,
I 've installed FreeBsd 4.4 on my mobile Sony Vaio QR10 few days ago.
The solution was to type this 2 lines before booting :
     set hw.pcic.intr_path="1"
     set hw.pcic.irq="0"
thanks for the help...
but a second problem comes with my Ethernet card...
FreeBsd can recognize my ethernet card intel Pro 100/VE, but for
a reason that i can't understand it could not install the driver...
and i'm wondering why. May be 'cause this 2 lines...
i've told this problem with a friend, with a very good FreeBSD knowledge, he
doesn't want that i write his name...may be, he 's so afraid to be
ridiculous ... And he said to me that my problem is very difficult to
resolve. And i'm so disapointed.
In fact, may be the good solution is to install FreeBsd 4.3 and after
install the ethernet card driver. But i haven't any install cd of  4.3...i
will try to find this...
but it's a very poor solution.

Ok thanks...so much to Sean, Jerry and Jean-Marc (...) and i wish an happy
new year for people who are working very hard to improve FreeBsd...

stephane bourquin