Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:58:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthew Donadio <m.p.donadio@ieee.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, ache@freebsd.org, edwin@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/news/tin problem

Matthew, FYI, you should always cc the port's MAINTAINER with these
reports. You can find this info in the Makefile.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Matthew Donadio wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to build /usr/ports/news/tin from a freshly cvsup'ed ports
> tree and got a checksum error.  I have attached a script output from the
> attempted build.  I'm not sure if the problem is the local checksum or
> the remote file.

Looks like the problem is that edwin broke it with his last commit. I'm
not sure where the originator of the PR that he responded to got his
tarball, but the versino of 1.5.16 that is on ftp.tin.org both has the
same md5 as the version that edwin replaced, and has a valid pgp
signature.

I'm confused by two things here.... why did ache declaim responsibility
for http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=48265, and what kind of
testing did edwin do before committing the change?

Doug