Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:25:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Terry Cooper <tcooper1@telusplanet.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD bootable floppy Script NOT WORKING

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Terry Cooper wrote:

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:22:31 -0700
> From: Terry Cooper <tcooper1@telusplanet.net>
> To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: FreeBSD bootable floppy Script NOT WORKING
>
> Ok, I'm frustrated out. Do people actually use this script because the only
> one I find is the the one referenced from freebsd.org.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/backup-basics.html
> #AEN14848
>
> I cut and paste this script into a file in windows and then did a fetch from
> my server. When my script run's into the EOM command I get problems. I am
> running sh shell I think.
>
> cat << EOM
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 4.62 and EOM is just putting everything into one file. I
> retyped everything and getting the same problem. So I don't know if it's
> hidden characters or not. Is there a place to fetch this file!!!!! Because
> I'm going crazy.
>
> Also is this bootable floppy suppose to let me see something because so far
> all I get is a no /boot/loader.

Quick question - is there anything special about this script? I mean,
wouldn't it just be easier to 'dd' a bootable floppy from one of the
images on the install CDs?

Sorry, I haven't used a floppy drive in years, but this seems like a lot
to go through when 'dd' can do it for you. Unless, of course, there's
something special about the disk this script creates.

Good luck - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg