Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:44:38 +0200
From:      Miroslav Kes <mkes@ra.rockwell.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP NetRaid performance problem

Hi,

I have HP NetServer  LH 3000 machine with the NetRAID controller ...

the dmesg says:

amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID> mem 0xe0000000-0xefffffff irq 5 at device 3.1
on pci3
amr0: <Integrated HP NetRAID (T7)> Firmware E.01.00, BIOS B.02.01, 32MB RAM

There is 1 disk (system) alone (RAID 0) and 3 disks (data) configured as
RAID 5 array. The problem is that the write performance is very poor  -
about 6 - 10 times slower than the read performance (with softupdates on).

Any idea what can be wrong would be really welcome.

Thanks

Mira

P.S. Unfortunately I'm currently loosing the battle with other (W2K
based) servers in hearts of my users in the office. Just because o that
problem.