Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 13:02:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bala Periasamy <bala@cst.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd problems Help !!

I have got 2.1.5 machine running kernel pppd.

I am using the scripts from the handbook.(ppp server).

I have got the modem on COM2.

The machine IP address is x.x.x.3
Gateway IP of the machine is x.x.x.1

Entry in the /etc/ppp/options is
x.x.x.4::x.x.x.5

I dial in and I am allocated x.x.x.5 IP address. I dial in using
Windows 95.

The DNS does not work for the Win95 dial in.
I am not able to get out of the subnet. I

I am able to ping x.x.x.3/4/5. But not the gatway.

What should be the gateway?
What IP should be the gateway setup in Win95.?
Is there something wrong in the options file?

Another problem is, whem I disconnect from Win95 the modem does not reset.

I have to restart the /etc/ppp/pppserv. Any fix for this ?

Any will be helpful

thanx
bala@cst.com.au