Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:54:26 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>, Corey Snow <corey@snowpoint.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spam problem on the list (Was: Re: URGENT)

On Sunday 23 June 2002 03:51 pm, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> The technology to virus scan and SPAM scan exists, and runs on FreeBSD.
> My question is why isn't it deployed on the hub.freebsd.org server(s)?

It _is_.  As Kris Kennaway keeps pointing out, most recently on June 20, 2002.
In this thread, in fact.  Maybe you thought his email was spam.  Dunno.  To
quote,
----
In fact 99% of
spam is bounced by freebsd.org mailservers, which are hit with an
attempted spam about once per second.
----

Still, I don't doubt that intelligent and creative suggestions for better
filtering methods would be welcome, as would hardware donations.  I would
assume you should contact the postmaster about the former, and not
questions@.

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago