Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 21:38:58 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-hackers)
Cc:        wollman@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPX Netbios packets.

Hi,

I am busy implementing the handling of IPX type 20 (Netbios) packets. The
basic handling is not my problem. I have that up and running. What I would
like to get ideas for is how to enable/disable it per device.

The Novell IPX router spesification says that it should not be used on
slow links (below 2Mbit/s). You might not even want it on all your
ethernet links.

So I am looking for a nice generic way to be able to disable it per device.
I thought of flags with ifconfig, but I don't like that idea too much.
Another way might be with the sysctl interface, but I'm not sure how to
do it for different interface without having to add code to every network
interface in the kernel.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za