Date:      Tue, 21 May 96 13:57:46 -0400
From:      Rohan Oberoi <ro11@crux2.cit.cornell.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Emacs pkg_add problem -- please help.

Apologies for not having included the relevant part of the
error message.  It was "Can't find shared library "libXaw.so.6.0".

>Hmmm. At the risk of being flamed by knowledgable others, I'll
>note that in order to avoid the problems dscribed by Rohan, I've
>included in my .cshrc a line:
>setenv  LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/X11R6/lib
>This fixed a problem when running xemacs.
>Jim Isom   jisom@msli.com

Thanks, Jim, I'll try that.  It seems a little strange that one
should have to install the X server in order to run emacs, rather
than being able to run emacs from the console.  Is this really the
way the package is designed ?

Rohan.