Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:46:53 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI boot order (multiple host adapters) control

I have an ASUS motherboard which has an integrated Adaptec SCSI controller.

I just installed an adaptec 2940, and the system insists on trying to boot from the
external case that's attached to the 2940.   I read through the LINT file for the
kernel config and tried using:

controller      scbus0  ahc0
controller      scbus1 ahc1

... and some variations of that, but no go.

It's not clear to me if the BIOS is to blame or not... I tried looking through the
SCSI Select Setup and the system BIOS, but did not see anything that would
change this behavior.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

-F