Date:      Fri, 15 May 2015 11:40:56 -0700
From:      Jeffry Killen <jekillen@prodigy.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Downloaded dvd1.iso and burned to dvd but ?

Hello;
There always has to be a first time.

Usually, I bought an install disc from FreeBSD Mall
and used it to install. This time I downloaded dvd1.iso
and used a Mac to burn it to a DVD.

To Test I inserted the new DVD into the dvd reader
of a machine I know is functioning. It has Debian Linux
on it already. But all I got from the attampt to mount the
DVD was a blinking cursor that lasted about 30 seconds,
then it gave up and when to the system boot.

What did I do wrong? The system used to test is AMD 64
and that is what I downloaded.

Thanks for time and attention
JK