Date:      28 Nov 2002 11:56:48 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>, Joerg Wallerich <jw@net.in.tum.de>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting a mixed-mode CD

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 05:44, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> If, however, I mount the CD on the SCSI device associated with the same
> hardware via ATAPICAM (which I have setup so that I can use 'cdrecord'
> to burn CD's on this drive), it mounts up just fine:

> So, I don't know what the problem is, but the workaround seems clear
> enough...

Yeah, that works here too..
Weirdness :(

I can even do without the -s option!

(It takes a few seconds - presumably searching)
arecibo# mount_cd9660 -v /dev/cd0c /mnt
using starting sector 306572

vs..

arecibo# mount_cd9660 -v /dev/acd0c /mnt
using starting sector 306572
mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

And yes this system can mount pure data cd's with no problem.

> Ahhh, a bonus - the QuickTime codec is one that mplayer can grok :)

Heh :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5