Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 21:40:19 +0700
From:      Iwan Leonardus <riwanlky@rad.net.id>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   support

Hello,

My FreeBSD cdrom just arrived and I have installed it, until now
I have some questions:

I am new to unix but have experience a SCO quite a little, but never
in BSD. Can you help me to feel at home at this BSD.

I need a knowledge on the administrational like:
- how to configure a printer, user account, (what is the equivalent for
  sysadmsh, and scosh)
- configuring, NFS, network card, TCP/IP, (what is the netconfig
  equivalent)
- how to configure PPP dial out to internet provider
- configure web server for CERN map, creating a script for CGI, stuffs
  like that
- configure as router for my lan workstation so they can dial out to
  internet
- configure X
- and many more

I wonder if I should learn from email support for all this or maybe I
can read some good books, and what are they?

What is the email address for asking such support questions, I think
this questions@FreeBSD.ORG only for general questions (or it is not?
please tell me)

I am very interested with this FreeBSD,  I hope this software can be
more popular in the future like linux.

I myself is a DOS c programmer, but DOS is not designed to run several
programs act as server. So when I can feel at home with this OS I hope
I can use it for my developing platform for more commercial applications.
I want to try this becouse they said it is stable.

I hope you can help me, thanks and best regards

Iwan L