Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 15:04:26 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@ca.sandia.gov>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port/package upgrade checker

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 05:33:42PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Does anyone know of a program that'll run through /var/db/pkg and produce
> a report of installed packages that have got a newer version in the
> ports INDEX file?

/usr/ports/sysutils/pkg_version

For the record, I wrote it, but I'm not averse to someone improving it
(or replacing it if that turns out to be a win).

I wonder if a program like this (whether it be mine or someone else's)
would be worth putting in the base install along with the other pkg_*
programs?

Happy New Year...

Bruce.

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd