Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:25:12 +0200
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
Subject:   ZFS - thanks

Hi, all,

I just wanted to say a big big thank you to Kip and all the
developers who made ZFS on FreeBSD real.

And to everyone who provided helpful comments in the
last couple of days.

I had to delete and rebuild my zpool to switch from a
12-disk raidz2 to two 6-disk ones, but yesterday I could
replace the raw devices with glabel devices and practice
replacing a failed disk at the same time. ;-)

So now we have this setup:

	NAME               STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zfs                ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2           ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk100  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk101  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk102  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk103  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk104  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk105  ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2           ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk106  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk107  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk108  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk109  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk110  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/disk111  ONLINE       0     0     0

which will get another enclosure with 6 750-GB-disks, soon.

I really like the way I can manage storage from the operating
system without propriatary controller management software or
even rebooting into the BIOS.

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100