Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:38:19 +0200
From:      "Adrian Penisoara" <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wine and MS InternetExplorer

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:46 AM, eculp <eculp@encontacto.net> wrote:
> Is there any way to get MS Internet explorer to work under wine.  The
> government here has some forms that require it and won't work with firefox
> or opera.  The part that bothers me even more is that they seem to be
> microsoft java apps.
>
> I see there is an iexplorer in the distribution and I added gecko support
> but still couldn't get more that a transparent box.

 There is the IEs4Linux project which theoretically could be used also
on FreeBSD -- see the link below, follow the installation instructions
and let us know what results you get.

    http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/

  Apparently there is no FreeBSD port for this at this time, but if it
works for you then I guess it would make a really good candidate
(especially for enterprise/office environments).

Regards,
Adrian.