Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:30:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw broken in 4.4-RC from 20 Aug 2001

	It appears that ipfw is broken in -stable.  uname -a output:

FreeBSD guard.water-programs.com 4.4-RC FreeBSD 4.4-RC #2: Mon Aug 20
12:09:23 PDT 2001
admin@guard.water-programs.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GUARD i386

	After running 'ipfw show' I get the following output:

ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available

	Any information or ideas on what may have caused this problem?  In
the meantime I'm going to try and rummage through the recent commits
involving ipfw and see if I can pin this down further.

	I consider this a show stopper for 4.4-RELEASE.

-Joseph