Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 14:32:14
From:      Alvin Jiang <alvin@singnet.com.sg>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS/2 mouse troubles?

Hmm, I just solved this problem last night. It took me all of 5 mins to
search "psmintr" and find the solution at:

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/x.html#AEN2255

You'd probably save a lot of time if you read the FAQ, rather than post and
wait for a reply.

At 06:58 PM 12/11/99 -0600, Jay Nelson wrote:
>I'm running:
>
>FreeBSD acp 3.3-STABLE FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #4: Sun Nov 28 16:30:05 CST
>1999     root@acp:/usr/src/sys/compile/ACP  i386
>
>My Xserver died with:
>
>/kernel: psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0000)
>
>I'm using a Logitech 3 button mouse in twm under XFree86-3.3.3.1. I
>had a freeze a couple of days ago with sources supped on 11/26 running
>olvwm -- though I didn't see any messages.
>
>dmsg output this time shows:
>
>psm0 irq 12 on isa
>psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
>psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000).
>psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0000).
>psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0000).
>
>Is this a familiar problem, X out of sync or do I have a mouse on the
>fritz?
>
>-- Jay

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message

Regards,
--

Alvin Jiang          <alvin@ajiang.com>       http://www.ajiang.com
"Information - the currency of a computerised future" - Cyberpunk