Date:      18 Jul 2003 21:15:56 +0000
From:      Mike Patterson <mpatters@cs.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   evolution 1.4.x, calendar view, and date/time display

I know these questions have cropped up previously with regards to the
evolution port.  Today I finally got sick of not having a proper
calendar view and decided to do something about it.

What I did (all steps may not be necessary):
* removed the evolution port and all of its dependencies
* cvsupped just to be sure I was recent
* cleaned out my ports working directory, just to be sure
* rebuilt evo+dependencies, reinstalled
* moved my ~/evolution directory out of the way
* completely removed ~/.gnome*

and that appears to have fixed my calendar view.  I suspect it was the
last step that did it.

However, evo still thinks that I'm in GMT.  Previously I'd run into this
and the problem just... fixed itself somehow.  Now it's showing mail
that I know arrived at 1530h to have arrived at 1930h (yes, I'm GMT-4,
Eastern).  My system clock is set to GMT - I suspect that perhaps evo
isn't taking this offset into account, although my grasp of Unix time
issues + offsets + gnome apps is shaky at best.

Hopefully this is of some use to anybody else still experiencing the
calendar problem.

Mike (now off to rebuild his contacts list)