Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:02:10 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting nfs: what options available for /etc/fstab?

Part of the recent thread I had about mounting nfs point to using nolockd
to disable locking ... checking the mount_nfs man page, it lists 'lockd'
as a deprecated option, but doesn't list 'nolockd' anywhere ...

So, my question is: what options *are* currently supported?

For instance, I'm doing, right now:

rw,noauto,intr,nolockd

which isn't generating any errors, but intr is classified in the man page
as deprecated, so what *should* I be using instead?

Also, the man page has a '-4' option for nfsv4 ... two questions on that
front:

   1. how do I know what version *is* being used?  showmount doesn't seem
      to show that sort of info, nor does the mount command ...
   2. what would I use in /etc/fstab to force it *if* I needed to?

Thx ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org