Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:21:52 +0200
From:      Frank Louwers <frank@zeus.rug.ac.be>
To:        Alain Thivillon <Alain.Thivillon@hsc.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   1) hibernation & 2) Re: IBM TP 760: X messed up on resume

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 11:12:24AM +0200, Alain Thivillon wrote:

> I have same problem with Xfree 3.3.3.1 on Tohisba Tecra 780DVD. The only
> solution i have found is to switch mode (using Ctrl+Alt+<Keypad+>, ie on
> Toshiba Ctrl+Alt+Fn+M) 3 three times to come back to 1024x768, and
> display generally comes back.

Thank you will try that ...

I now discovered another problem: the hibernation won't work :-(

I created a hibernation file (after the disks were partitioned, and after the
freebsd install), and it works in Win95, but in FBSD the machine just gives 3
ugly beeps, so I think it can't find the hibernation file ...

Any suggestions?

Frank

> > PS/ it is the same in 3.1 and in 3.1 + PAO3
>
> This is an Xfree Problem, not PAO. I imagie Xfree does not provide good
> apm hooks to restore display.

Yes, but there is an extra kernel option in PAO3 that is supposed to "kick
X-windows" if this happens ...