Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:04:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: df hangs on 2.2.6-BETA

> This raises a missing feature I've long thought Unix needed.  There
> should be a "kill with extreme prejudice".  Something that will go
> through the kernel process tables and just remove all evidence the
> process ever existed.

In SunOS 4.1.x I could use  gcore PROCESS_ID
and get that effect. Don't know if it was intended, but gcore
would wipe out processes that kill couldn't touch.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org        http://www.river.org/~dhawk
"Why.... that would be pretty cool, if they weren't trying to kill me."