Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 01:21:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Christopher Nielsen <enkhyl@scient.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@iijlab.net>, Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, Juergen Nickelsen <ni@tellique.de>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, joerg@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipsec (VPN) for -current ? (Re: VPN through encrypted IP tunnel for FreeBSD? )

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 	mmm, if it gets committed, what happens to IPsec part of KAME stack?
>
> I was going to ask you that, actually.  Do you guys have it decoupled,
> or is it tightly integrated, or...?  Also, is IPsec in KAME finished
> at this time or is it a longer-term project?  I guess we could tell
> Stephanie to find something else to do, but she's using the code
> actively at her ISP now and is apparently fairly keen on the
> technology getting into FreeBSD for the next release.
>
> - Jordan

IPsec is still an evolving standard, so I don't think there is a single
implementation that's "finished", per se. There will continue to be
additions and changes for some time. Maybe what what you mean, Jordan, is
"is it in working order"?

BTW, I'm fairly keen on the technology getting into FreeBSD, too. :-)

AND it looks like I may be able to contribute some spare cycles to the
effort, if needed.

--
Christopher Nielsen
Scient: The eBusiness Systems Innovator