Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 22:28:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        obrien@antares.aero.org (Mike O'Brien)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-questions)
Subject:   Re: text editors

> > any suggestions on text editors.  what i am really looking for is cutting
> > and pasting ability.
>
> 	Ok, I'll enter this fray.  I suggest the Rand editor, because it's the
> only editor I know of that can cut & paste rectangular blocks of text.  I've
> never seen anything better for editing tabular data "in the raw".
>
> Mike O'Brien

Has anyone ever ported it to FreeBSD... I've got an old set of sources
from the early SysIII and SysV days somewhere...

| Bill/Carolyn Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive | Tinton Falls, New Jersey 07724 |
| 908-389-3592 |  Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.    |
| pechter@shell.monmouth.com                                                |
| This message brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.         |