Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:53:55 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web server file handling problem

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 10:53, fullah@csc.com.au wrote:

> All links generated by cvsweb have direct file names in it eg,
> http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/myapps/myscript.cfm.
> So the web server directs the links to Coldfusion server rather than to
> cvsweb.cgi.
>
> The OS is RedHat linux  AS 3.0 and the web server is its httpd (basically
> apache 2.0) web server + Coldfusion Mx 6.1 server.
>
> Is there anyway I can force the web server not to redirect these urls to
> Coldfusion Mx server?

Map the cfm extension to Coldfusion on a
directory/location(match)/virtualhost level in your Apache config, not
globally.  Or if you need it globally, exclude the /cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi
location from that mapping "manually".  Without knowing anything about
Coldfusion, it should be doable; see the AddHandler and SetHandler
directives in the Apache docs.

> My suggestion is to change cvsweb.cgi to pass the filename/path as url
> parameters.
> So that  it would create the links to something like
> http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi?path=/myapps/myscript.cfm and
> handle them accordingly. But I am not a Perl programmer.

Changing that to be the only way to link to files will not happen.  It
would result in practically all links people now have pointing to
CVSwebs around the world suddenly being broken after the change.  If
someone wants to submit a patch that would allow the above _in addition
to_ the current way, it could be considered for inclusion (no promises
though).