Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:42:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Aughey <jha>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RAID5 support ?

I have a client who is interested in installing a FreeBSD system
with a RAID 5 disk system.  I'm not well versed in RAID technology.
Are RAID systems supported under FreeBSD.  I saw in the latest
release notes that a DPT controller is supported.

Does any one have experience with RAID 5 systems that can point me
in the right direction?  In particular, what type of controller/disk
would you suggest.

Thank you
John Aughey