Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2014 23:06:01 -0400
From:      Thomas Hoffmann <trh411@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Mike Casper <mikecspr@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: make installworld failed

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Mike Casper <mikecspr@gmail.com> wrote:

> To late. My inpatients got the better of me, but I did realize after I
> started a new checkout of the src, that an update would be quicker. Thanks
> for adding the other nugget with the make -j -DNO_CLEAN. I had absolutely
> no idea I could do that. I'll let it buildworld overnight and then hit it
> with a buildkernel KERNCONF=COLDSTEEL in the morning.
>
> Thanks

Doing a full 'buildworld' is the safest approach, but since it can take
over two hours on my tired, old system (I don't call it 'tortoise' for
nothing) I'm looking for every opportunity to reduce that time. The
Handbook advises using NO_CLEAN with buildworld only if you have passed the
"Build Everything" step on the last attempt, which a good last build would
have done.

BTW, I like your kernel name.

-Tom