Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 19:23:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        bmk@dtr.com
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, lix@cs.pdx.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: httpd can't start

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995 bmk@dtr.com wrote:

> > On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, John Hay wrote:
>
> > > The FreeBSD package of cern httpd reads it config file (httpd.conf) in
> > > /usr/local/etc. You should put it there if you don't specify it on the
> > > command line.
>
> > 	Speaking about setting up httpd, how do you set it up exactly?
> > Does anyone have any sample config files?
>
> CERN httpd comes with sample config files.
>
> If you installed the package or port, the sample configs should be in
> /usr/local/www/config - there are several example configurations.

	So I should just use one of those config files and modify it
and change it's name to httpd.conf and put it in /usr/local/etc?  How
do I load httpd though since I noticed it was in /etc/services but not
/etc/inetd.conf so I want httpd to start up everytime when the system
reboots...

> CERN httpd is documented on the w3 project's WWW server, if I'm not
> mistaken.  The URL is http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Daemon/Status.html).
>
> Configuring a simple http server is easy - but read the documentation.

	Thanks for the info though!

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center