Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 1998 15:36:44 +0200
From:      Eugene Vedistchev <scaner@belabm.by>
To:        Gus Bourg <gus@Bourg.Net>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 25 pin apic

Hello.

The problem with Compaq SMP servers is: Compaq configuration utility
have several OS presets (NW,SCO,NT,OS/2,Vines), which ajusts some
chipset, CPU and SMP mode settings. Although no one of thise presets is
suitable for FreeBSD and Linux. To switch Compaq box to suitable mode
you need to run configuration utility from SmartStart CD or from system
partition, than, when you'll see textmode(not graphics fonts) menu with
the following items - configure system, configure Smart Array... press
Control-A sequence. The utility say that you'll enter in Advanced (not
documented) mode. Then go to system configuration, set MPTABLE option
into FULL mode, save and go on. FreeBSD  will run perfectly on your
Compaq server.

WBR,
Eugene

PS. Sorry for bad english :)