Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 14:47:51 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Scanner SOD <scanner@webspan.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sdr dying

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.960329181235.8356A-100000@orion.webspan.net> you writ
e:
>all fine and dandy all day until 6 pm then all of a sudden sdr goes blank.

"sdr" uses a different protocol than "sd".  Mark Handley runs an "sd->sdr"
gateway in the UK, but it apparently went down the other day.  I modified
my gateway to run in the wide area instead of the local area, until his gateway
comes back up.

I also modified "sdr" to actually listen itself to the "sd" address, so that
no gateway will be needed in the future.  I have to wait until Mark gets back
from vacation, though, to let these changes out.

  Bill