Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:06:37 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Don't log onto current.freebsd.org...

At 12:44 AM 7/16/98 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

>> I might also consider writing an "Absolute beginner's guide to installing
>> FreeBSD" for those coming from the DOS/Windoze world who are used to
>> handholding, detailing my experiences, what kind of gotchas I've found are
>> in SYSINSTALL, etc).  What do you think of that idea?
>
>Excellent. I think there might be something like that already,
><URL:http://www.vmunix.com/>; is ringing faint bells. If not (or you want
>to improve it) then go for it.

What I might want to do is make it specific to FreeBSD and the sysinstall
utility, and perhaps even incorporate it into the FAQ or handbook if those
who control such things agree.  My only concern is the changes that may be
made to the install procedures between now and October 15, what with two
new releases in the works (both of which I plan to install).  I may wait
until then before attempting the project.

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.