Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:26:11 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@sage.thought.org>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Subject:   Re: which xorg file??

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 12:18:32PM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:52:54 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline@sage.thought.org> wrote:
>
> > 	Which ports file do I build to fill the standard
> > 	/usr/X11R6/bin file?
>
> not sure I follow your question...
> the xorg-server and xorg-clients ports will your basic standard X files and apps
>
> xorg.conf doesn't sit in /usr/X11R6/bin, but /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf

	It is in my /etc/X11 directory.

> the configuration apps to generate xorg.conf are  xorgcfg and xorgconfig (one X
> based, the other text based)

	Yeah, but there is a way using X -conf[ig].  I've forgotten the exact
	details; but I have used both f the above configuration tools
	before.

> [betom@ayiin] [Mon Sep 18 12:17:46 2006]
> /usr/home/betom
> $ locate xorgcfg
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xorgcfg
> /usr/X11R6/man/man1/xorgcfg.1.gz
>
> [betom@ayiin] [Mon Sep 18 12:17:50 2006]
> /usr/home/betom
> $ locate xorgconfig
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xorgconfig
> /usr/X11R6/man/man1/xorgconfig.1.gz
>
> If that's not what you need...let us know :)

	I'm still looking for xdm; possibly startx too.  I'm making the
	wm switch from ctwm to gone-lite ...  but first, the basics
	have to be there.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix