Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:26:25 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rude neighbor

I have a system which shares disks between MS W95 and FreeBSD, using the
FreeBSD boot loader. In order to run some software, I have to upgrade
the Windows. In the past, my experience has been that windows is too
stupid to preserve the boot loader, wiping out my access to my FreeBSD
partition.

What's the easiest way to restore the bootloader? I did it once before
by re-doing the FBSD install with filesystem create turned off, but now
I've CVSup'd to 3.2-R#10 level so my CD's (I have both 3.1R and Toolkit)
are no longer current. Is there a quick way to fix the bootloader
without wiping out my system?
--
Donald Wilde              "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media