Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 11:42:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Debugging after crash/reboot -- techniques wanted

My -current box is rebooting itself at least once a day, and I'm wondering if
anyone could provide some tips as to how to go about determining the cause(s).

In other words, I'd like to know more about how others monitor/debug their
systems, what methods/techniques are commonly used, how to get critical
information logged properly, etc.

Right now, I'm sort of flying blind, as after a reboot, I have nothing to go
back and look at to try and determine what happened.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Conrad Sabatier