Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:14:49 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Goofed up X-Install

Ok...I got the server installed, configured it right (I think) but I get
an error saying "Write to mouse failed".  I tried both /dev/sysmouse and
/dev/mouse.  Second, I get an error, "could not init font path element
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo, removing from list.  Fatal server
error: could not open default font: 'fixed' "

This is getting really annoying.  Could this be due to a wrong selection
of my video card?  The site says it (v. 4) supports my card, the ATI
Mobility, but it's not listed in xf86config.

Can anyone help me out?  If it helps, I'm installing it on a Dell
Latitude CPx.

Thanks again,
--Brian