Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:00:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Geoffrey C. Speicher" <geoff@speicher.org>
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jumping from 3.4 -> STABLE

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Rasputin wrote:

> Mate of mine confessed he hasn't used cvsup ever, and is still on 3.4.

My plans to "upgrade" old 3.2 and 3.4 machines have effectively turned
into plans to identify important data, reinstall FreeBSD from scratch,
move the data back into production, and do a better job of tracking
releases from now on.

One of my biggest problems upgrading from 3.x is that the root filesystem
space requirements have doubled since then.  Unless you allocated a
larger-than-recommended root partition for the 3.4 install, that issue
alone may cause more headache than it's worth.

Geoff