Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:40:14 GMT
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/104678: SMP not working on Turion XP Laptop

The following reply was made to PR i386/104678; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To: Ariff Abdullah <ariff@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Rainer Alves <rainer.alves@gmail.com>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
    danolson@visi.com, infofarmer@FreeBSD.org, kpitcher@KeithPitcher.com
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:37:23 +1000 (EST)

 On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Ariff Abdullah wrote:

 > On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:50:11 GMT
 > Rainer Alves <rainer.alves@gmail.com> wrote:
 >>
 >>  I've been using your idle_cpu_* patches for about 6 months and
 >>  experienced some minor gliches (system would panic/hang once in a
 >>  while). Your new patch seems a lot simpler, and is working
 >>  perfectly here so far. Thanks!
 >
 > This one should become the final patch (if nobody complains about it).
 > More thorough check on processor models/revisions especially for
 > possible future production. Please backout previous patches first
 > before applying this one.

 Nice.

 This not-actually-final one works on my HP nx6325 Turion X2.

 Does it affect the CPU's sleep cycles other than to wake up the CPU
 for acpi timer interrupts?

 Bruce