Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 02:28:25 +0900
From:      Tetsuro FURUYA <ht5t-fry@asahi-net.or.jp>
To:        DukOnALake@aol.com
Cc:        Tetsuro FURUYA <tfu@ff.iij4u.or.jp>
Subject:   Re: booteasy

Hi, this is T.Furuya.

I have the problem connecting to this problem of booteasy.
In Message-ID: <96369668.35cdcbc1@aol.com>
DukOnALake@aol.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>        I sucessfully (I guess) installed FreeBSD on wd3 with DOS on wd0 and
> wd1, gave FreeBSD the WHOLE third drive (No slice reserved for another OS).
> How do I install booteasy and have it recognize wd3?  It installs, but just
> gives me one option (F1) which is DOS.

I have installed my kernel second SCSI disk.
I am successfully boot up from second drive by booteasy pressing F5 key.
But accidentally, I erased booteasy.
So, I have reinstalled booteasy by /stand/sysinstall, custom, partition,
And wrote booteasy to the first and the second drive respectively.
But when booting from first drive, there is no menu of F5.
Nevertheless I press F5, booteasy on the second drive boots up
and invodes kernel, and things go well.
This seems very queer to me. Is this bug on booteasy ?

So, you should boot up kernel by hand by floppy or by typing
0:wd(2,a)kernel  (? I am not confident of this parameter.) to 'boot:'
prompt, and call /stand/sysinstall.
You should read FreeBSD-Handbook or FAQ on this /stand/sysinstall and
partition-w.
See http://www.freebsd.org/.

                               Tetsuro Furuya <tfu@ff.iij4u.or.jp>

TEL: 048-852-3520    FAX: 048-858-1597			    ||
     ht5t-fry@asahi-net.or.jp , tfu@ff.iij4u.or.jp     	*   ||
pgp-fingerprint:				       \|/
     pub  Tetsuro FURUYA <ht5t-fry@asahi-net.or.jp>
      Key fingerprint = F1 BA 5F C1 C2 48 1D C7  AE 5F 16 ED 12 17 75 38