Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 11:10:11 -0700
From:      "Daniel Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, "Steve Howe" <un_x@anchorage.net>
Subject:   Re: Modem not responding in ppp term

It is an internal USR Sportster Voice 33.6 Voice PnP I think part of the
problem was that the PnP features were turned on so It wasn't really at any
irq (this was the problem with my SMC EtherEZ, I have to go to it'd setup
program and turn off PnP). Now when I enter term mode I can type a command
such as ATDT 5 and the modem will respond, but whatever I type never
appears on the screen, the modem's response never appears either. I can
tell it's listening because if I type ATDT number the modem dials the
number. Basically the problem is that nothing appears on the term screen.
Thanks,
Daniel Keller