Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:09:17 +1000
From:      "Kris Glynn" <Kristen.Glynn@virginblue.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   i945g - xorg 6.9.0 - /dev/agpgart missing freebsd 6.0

Hi

I have a Dell Optiplex gx520 with the Intel 945g chipset using Freebsd
6.0 Release and Xorg 6.9.0
=20
I am unable to get the onboard PCI-E Intel graphics working properly in
Xorg. I can not get XVideo working due to missing /dev/agpgart. I have
tried everything.
=20
ls -l /dev/agpgart
ls: /dev/agpgart: No such file or directory

I have option agp in my kernel.
If I try a kldload agp.ko it errors with :- interface agp.1 already
present in the KLD 'kernel'!

Here are some other related errors/info from Xorg.log
=20
(**) I810(0): Option "DRI" "on"
(**) I810(0): Option "XVideo" "on"
=20
(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)
=20
(WW) I810(0): VideoRAM reduced to 7932 kByte (limited to available
sysmem)
=20
(--) I810(0): HW Cursor disabled because it needs agpgart memory.
=20
(II) I810(0): 19944 kBytes additional video memory is required to enable
tiling mode for DRI.
(II) I810(0): 9960 kBytes additional video memory is required to enable
DRI.
(II) I810(0): Disabling DRI.
=20
(--) I810(0): Xv is disabled because it needs 2D accel and AGPGART.
=20
(II) I810(0): direct rendering: Disabled
=20
=20
scanpci output
---------------------------------
pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x01 function 0x00: vendor 0x8086 device 0x2771
 Intel Corporation 945G/P PCI Express Graphics Port
=20
pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x02 function 0x00: vendor 0x8086 device 0x2772
 Intel Corporation 945G Integrated Graphics Controller
=20
pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x02 function 0x01: vendor 0x8086 device 0x2776
 Intel Corporation 945G Integrated Graphics Controller
=20
pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x1c function 0x00: vendor 0x8086 device 0x27d0
 Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1
=20
pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x1c function 0x01: vendor 0x8086 device 0x27d2
 Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2

Any ideas when Intel 945g is going to be supported properly in the
upcoming releases or indeed how to fix this in the meantime ?
=20
Thanks
=20
Kris Glynn
<http://www.virginblue.com.au/>=20
OAG Best Low Cost Airline Of The Year=20

The content of this e-mail, including any attachments is a confidential =
communication between Virgin Blue  Pacific Blue (or the sender if this =
email is a private communication) and the intended addressee and is for =
the sole use of that intended addressee. If you are not the intended =
addressee, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this =
material is unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this =
e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and then delete =
the message and any attachment(s). There is no warranty that this email =
is error, virus or defect free.  This email is also subject to =
copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated =
without the written consent of the copyright owner.  If this is a =
private communication it does not represent the views of Virgin Blue  =
Pacific Blue.  Please be aware that the contents of any emails sent to =
or from Virgin Blue  Pacific Blue may be periodically monitored and =
reviewed. Virgin Blue  Pacific Blue respects your privacy. Our privacy =
policy can be accessed from our website: www.virginblue.com.au