Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 18:26:27 -0700
From:      Aaron VanAlstine <aaronvan@comcast.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Does Marvell 88E8053 PCIe Gigabit LAN controller work with 6.0?

Folks,

I have an ASUS P5LD2 mobo with a Marvell 88E8053 PCIe Gigabit LAN
controller. FreeBSD doesn't seem to recognize it. Should the LAN controller
work out of the box or am I missing a driver?

ifconfig returns plip0: and lo0: with their respective flags. Sysinstall
says plip0 is an "unknown interface type." The speed LED is orange
indicating a 100 Mbps connection, but the act/link is off. My ISP supports
DHCP.

Thanks!

-- Aaron VanAlstine