Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:47:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just curious

> potential users of FreeBSD.  I would think that the readers on this list,
> much like myself, would like to see FreeBSD become a well known operating
> system, and not because of a bunch of snotty people on the mailing list,
> but rather because it simply is the best OS for the majority of user and
> networking applications.

	Easy, most people on this list do want to help, but they're not
going to rehash what is already stated in the help files or in the
handbook. It's a waste of their time, especially when the person should
have read that already. Now if there is a question on the material covered
it's a different story. On the same token the help files/handbook/whatever
give more information then what one would get on the mailing list. It's
also a problem of the medium that what sounds snotty, was not meant in
that tone. (God knows I've been a victim of that more then once from both
sides....:(

						Rick