Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:18:45 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Java wrapper/Jikes question

Sounds good, I still haven't experienced any problems (and geez its fast!).

Just by-the-by, GnuJSP is Gnu's Java Server Pages implementation of the JSP
0.91 specification. JSP pages work very similar to MS's Active Server Pages
(dynamic page generation based on scripting tags and embedded objects). So
you can embed Java code in HTML for things like db access, session tracking
etc.

It operates using a single servlet and an Apache action handler for *.jsp
files. Any time after the *.jsp file changes, and then 'hit' by a client, it
is recompiled into a servlet class and loaded into memory. That's one of the
beauties of JSP, the servlets remain in memory so there's no latency for

Cheers,
Joe.

--
Joe Shevland