Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 22:41:31 +0200
From:      Jukka Similä <sjuke@saunalahti.fi>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Juergen Nickelsen <jnickelsen@acm.org>, Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>, Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cool, A White Snowy Christmas in Sunnyvale, California 8)

> Actually your English is excellent and is perfectly understandable. We
thanks

> BTW, I get kind of annoyed when people whose native tongue is not
> English post to the lists (mainly -questions) and then _apologize_ for
> their bad English. What have they got to apologize for??. No-one on the
> lists is going to critisize them or correct them, unless the errors
> completely change the meaning of the problem. So come on people stop
> apologizing, you don;t need to.

I absolutely didn't want to apologize anything; I just wanted to say that
sometimes
" I get annoyed " when it takes several minutes to figure out a single word
of a centence that is sooooo easy to say in finnish.
- besides I'm a perfectionist, I don't want to make mistakes.

> How is English taught in Finnish schools?.
from 3th class - (9 year-old) - kids are taught some user-friendly english,
(it becomes harder of course when they grow up)
Hi, how are you, my name is jukka etc. It is quite effective, I believe, since
almost everybody under 40 and many (over 50% ? -don't know) of over 40's talk
at least some kind of english. And everybody between 18 and 26 talk 'quite
good'
english, that is, they wouldn't die on hunger if they were left to UK or US :)

Jukka