Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:45:39 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        YAMAMOTO Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch to support sio with NEWCARD

In message <20011126.081912.33968257.shigeru@iij.ad.jp> YAMAMOTO
Shigeru writes:
: I make a patch to support sio with NEWCARD.
: This patch is to avoid ghost interrupt when a PC-Card was removed.
:
: This patch has one assamption,
:      - all Serial PC-Card have a 16450/16550 compatible interface.

This is a reasonable assumption.  If not, it should be easy to tweak
to return a small negative number so that other device have a chance
at this hardware.

: I tested it on my NotePC and there is no problems.
: Please try it if you have an interest.

I've tried it here too.  From what I can tell in my breif tests, the
interrupt patches aren't strictly required, unless you eject while the
card is busy.  Since bde is the main maintainer for sio, I'll clean
them up a little and run them by him.

The other part of the patch I went ahead and committed.  I've wanted
this for a while now.

This would be an excellent example of how to do, for example, the ata
pccard driver if someone was so inclined.

Warner